Propoganda Poster




    For my Propaganda Poster, I was inspired by the Black lives matter movement which started a few years ago. Being a young Black male, there is an experience that is associated, this experience comes with a lot of negative perceptions that are placed upon me. I wanted to communicate through my poster that my skin color and other people of color are not defined by something so superficial. I used this bright yellow color to communicate themes of peace, and I wrote" Black Lives Matter" at the top in blue because the color blue has calming connotations. "My skin is not a sin" is a phrase I saw in my research that really went along with the message I am trying to convey with this poster.

I really enjoyed this project and it is the one I am most proud of so far. It took me a long time to come up with an idea for the project but I took extra time to do something meaningful. The most challenging part of the project was creating a portrait in illustrator, the shadows from the original image were the most difficult thing to recreate.




 

Comments

  1. I like this project a lot and love the message behind it, I like the pop of yellow behind you with the blue lettering I think it all pops really well and looks super clean and nice, good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts