Intro

 

Hello, my Name is Erly(Joseph)Thornton. I am currently in my fourth year at the University of Tampa. I am originally from Orlando, Fl, at the age of 12, my family and I relocated to The Netherlands where we lived for a little more than 2 years. After our time was up there we moved to England for 6+ years. Eventually, I made the decision to move back to Florida to attend University and get the "American" college experience the movies and my family had told me about. Living abroad definitely feels like a fundamental part of my identity, I had the opportunity to travel to parts of Europe, Asia, and the middle east. Aside from this I really enjoy going to the beach and being outdoors in general, some of my favorite outdoor activities are playing any sport and scuba diving. When I'm not outside I'm usually listening to music. So it is no surprise that I would describe myself as outgoing and charismatic.

Digital media is something I have little experience in outside of high school. However, I'm interested to see how my feelings towards the class and subject evolve. Digital media is evolving every day especially with the rapid growth of technology and I'm under the impression having at least a basic understanding of how to manipulate different media is necessary. I am looking most forward to being able to explore my creativity and have it brought to life throughout this course. Unfortunately, I am not an artist at heart and I am my own toughest critic. I think the hardest part of this course for me will be, accepting that I am still learning and that my creativity may outweigh my current abilities.


Comments

Popular Posts